If you are carrying out cosmetic changes to your home or garden such as decorating, planting flowers etc then you will not need to seek permission for this.

If you are looking to make an alteration to the structure of the property in any way, such as installing non-standard light fittings, partition walls, or installing a shed, new fencing, etc, then you will need to get permission from us first.

We will need something in writing about your plans, and we may follow this up with a visit to you for more complicated requests.

It is also worth checking the planning portal before any big alterations to see if you need planning permission from Cornwall Council first. This site can be found at:

You can submit your permission requests to us through My Coastline.

For further details about permissions, you can also view our Alterations and Improvements Policy.

Comments (0)